a lot of Truvada itching

Hello dear Doctor, I have been on Truvada (and other different ARVS) for the past 18 months. For the last 3 months I have developed some kind of rash, it started in the elbows and now it moved to my bloated belly and my buttocks. I truly beleive this is some side effect from Truvada, I have little red dots that itch quite a lot. My doctor recommended Loratadine but it doesnt help. What do you think? I have read rashes are common to some people taking Truvada and it can get dangerous. Do u think I will have to switch from Truvada to something else? Thank you for your advice and comments.

Isolated skin rash from Truvada beginning > 1 year after starting Truvada would be unusual but can happen occasionally. Key is an accurate diagnosis so consulation with a dermatologist is encouraged (? do you have psoriasis, severe eczema, folliculitis or other condition that has been linked to HIV infection). If Truvada seems to be a likely culprit than a trial switch to an alternative regimen might be worth considering (ie Epzicom if HLA B5701+). Often rashes are more common from the other components of an HIV regimen than from the Truvada or from another medication you are taking. KH

Stribald not working
VDRL