When to take PCR test?

Hello Dr. Henry,

I had an exposure (my condom broke during a vaginal intercourse)on august 20th. i started with viraday (atripla) the next day ( day 1) during mid day as a pep treatment, then continued on day 2 but switched to take it at night. I have the following three questions:

1) can i take my PCR test tomorrow ( 7 days ) , i kno i will not get a very accurate result? but can i rely on the result and be somewhere above 70% sure? as i heard that since i'm on medication already the number of copies could be undetected...

2) is viraday a good option for PEP ? can it be used for such purpose ? as i heard that in some countries other treatments are used..

3) is the gap i left on my second day of treatment of 9 to 10 hours much of an issue? from taking mid day the first dose , to a night dose the second.... am i considered as someone who initiated the treatment within 24 hours ( which i wld have prefered to be the case ) or i did so inside the 72 hours, is the gap i left made my first dose on day 1 somewhat useless maybe?

Thank you so much in advance

This forum focuses exclusively on side effects of HIV treatment. KH

Peripheral neuritis
Managing Lipodystrophy