Elevated creatinine levels

The results of my last set of labs showed elevated creatinine levels. In March my creatinine levels were 1.50 and three months later it is up to 1.80. My doctor had my levels re-tested with the same results, 1.80. My viral load is undetectable and my t-cells are 1,049. All other labs are within the normal range. I've been HIV positive for 7 years. My regimen consist of reyataz, truvada and norvir. In addition, I take diovan, valtrex and crestor. My doctor things it might be due to the truvada. He ordered an ultra sound on my kidneys and those results should be back soon. He's thinking of stopping the truvada and replacing it with epzicom. My doctor said he has seen cases where truvada has been the culprit. Even though it's not all that common. With your experience, have you ever see this happening before? If so, your thoughts on replacing truvada for epzicom? Many Thanks. Hopeful in LA

The tenofovir in Truvada can definitely impact renal function over time in some patients so switching off tenoovir to abacavir in HLA B5701 negative patients is one option often considered. Removing other renal toxic drugs, a consultation with a nephrologist to better define the nature of the kidney problem, managing co morbidities like high blood pressure, diabetres, hepatitis C are are recommended to protect renal function. KH

Response to July 31st post re: reyataz, norvir, truvada
Explanation re Cognitive Impairment