Pharmacy needs accountability with HIV meciations

I have problems with my pharmacy, CVS Caremark mail order, re-filling my HIV perscriptions, causing delays and intruptions in my dosing. My insurance covers all the cost except $50 co-pay for each 90 supply. So the cost to me is $150 every 3 months - which is great. And my insurance pays the other $3000.00. Yet if I'm unable to pay the co-pay, sometimes due to my sceduled and limited disability income, the insurance will just delay the meds. I find this completely irresposible. I am reading, through your website and others, that other people with HIV have this same problem - which can lead to serious consequences for us with HIV. I think the pharmacies should be held accountable, expecially when insurance is covering 95% of the costs. This becomes a moral issue. Is there an advocacy group I can contact to address this problem and bring it to light? People with HIV have enough issues, usually, to deal with -the pharmacies should not add to the burden. Thank you, Kevin

Agree completely. As a prescriber I also find it annoying and often bad patient care. In many cases insurers mandate which pharmacies to use and do not allow patients to use other more patient friendly pharmacies.KH

Colonics with HVI & Hep-c
itching due to efavirenz and truvada