Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Pharmacy needs accountability with HIV meciations
Aug 14, 2013

I have problems with my pharmacy, CVS Caremark mail order, re-filling my HIV perscriptions, causing delays and intruptions in my dosing. My insurance covers all the cost except $50 co-pay for each 90 supply. So the cost to me is $150 every 3 months - which is great. And my insurance pays the other $3000.00. Yet if I'm unable to pay the co-pay, sometimes due to my sceduled and limited disability income, the insurance will just delay the meds. I find this completely irresposible. I am reading, through your website and others, that other people with HIV have this same problem - which can lead to serious consequences for us with HIV. I think the pharmacies should be held accountable, expecially when insurance is covering 95% of the costs. This becomes a moral issue. Is there an advocacy group I can contact to address this problem and bring it to light? People with HIV have enough issues, usually, to deal with -the pharmacies should not add to the burden. Thank you, Kevin

Response from Dr. Henry

Agree completely. As a prescriber I also find it annoying and often bad patient care. In many cases insurers mandate which pharmacies to use and do not allow patients to use other more patient friendly pharmacies.KH

Previous
Colonics with HVI & Hep-c
Next
itching due to efavirenz and truvada

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.