osteoporosis and hiv meds

I was told my hiv meds(Isentress and Truvada) have caused my osteoporosis and facial wasting. I went to a rheumatologist who wrote me a script for Evista and Fosteum. I am concerned about the side effects of those medications and would like to know if I should just take glusamine and chondrotin instead? Thanks.

Osteoporosis rates are fairly high in the general population and appear to be higher in some HIV+ populations. The rate of significant osteoporosis due exclusively to Truvada + raltegravir is low (< 1-5% in first years of treatment)so situation can be complex. Low vitamin D levels, low testosterone,other hormone problems, smoking, use of corticosteroids, and other factors can contribute. Checking DEXA level is generally preferred test to establish diagnosis. A small % of patients on tenofovir may developed accelerated bone problems and if that is the case then switching off drug is recommended. Consultation with endocrine/bone metabolism expert often is helfpul in certain situation. No strong data showing that glucosamone and chondroitin can reverse most cases of significant osteoporosis.KH

PML and Stable CD4 counts
if no meds work for me whats my hope?