Switching from EFV (sustiva) to NVP

Thanks Doc for the reply to my previous Q. I live in Manipur (India) which is border to Myanmar and we have limited no of doc who deals throughly on these matters. Access to other choice of drugs from the Govt facility is also quite a challenge. So can I switch back to NVP from EFV without any further consultation with doc around here? The present side effect of EFV and the long duration of leg pain is really killing me. I also have HCV genotype 1 and 48 weeks treatment with peginterferon alpha 2a have also failed. My CD4 never goes up beyond 200 to hardy 300, but my HIV viral load is undetactable.

If you previously tolerated nevirapine OK and are doing OK from HIV standopoint in efavirenz (excepting possible side effects from theefavirenz) then usually switching back to nevirapine goes smoothly. Still recommending to let the prescribing clinician be aware of your situation/plans.KH

over the counter flu medication
Side effects of Lopinavir/Ritonavir