Frustration

I have been on Atripla (Pulled off of it due to it attacking my CNS) then switched to Isentress, Travada. After a few yrs on Isn/Trav I stopped taking them due to fatigue, total lack of concentration whereas I couldnt function and locate work (took hrs to do 1 app for work and interviews were disasters-couldnt focus and then tons of anxity). After years of trying to communicate this to my healthcare provider, I stopped all meds. And wouldnt you know! I felt like myself-hadnt felt like myself in more than 5 yrs. Fatigue was gone, anxity gone, concentration was back, and I could hold a conversation and remember things plus I stopped giving blank stares at folks cause I wasnt following what folks were saying. Im back to myself 100%! Now, this is the deal. Just got my test results back. And I need to start taking meds again. NP wants me on Stribild but the side-effects are horrible as well. The thing is here, I am not on disability-I have to work if I need to live and I cannot seem to work if on meds. But if I am not on meds, then I cannot live. So Im at a catch 22 here. My questions here are: What are the drugs w/less side effects? And if I get on meds and I start going down hill again, how can I survive without work? Can I go on disability due to the side effects of the meds?

Frustration is understandable. You might consider a regimen not containing NRTIs in the case that class of drugs was a common theme in your previous regimens and many have contribute to your particular problems (such as ritonavir/darunavir + etravirine or dolutegravir) depending on your entire treatment history and resistance status. KH

About to start using Atripla, scared of all the side effects
PML treatment