For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Truvada & Viramune

On waking, my night shirt appears to have develop small holes around area in the front and the area that urine sometimes splatters. All of my night t-shirts have holes in that area. Could this be caused by the Truvada or Viramune the expelled urine? This is a strange question but is actually happening... and I am afraid that these drugs will eventually destroy my organs.

To my knowledge toxic/acidic urine splatters linked to actual kidney or organ damage have not been linked to use of nevirapine + Truvada (assuming your HIV provider has monitored your level of renal funciton and no concerns identified). I would inform your HIV provider about your interesting observation. KH

Starting treatment and crystal meth
Abacavir and heart problems