Re: Selzentry with Thorazine (June 21,2013)

Dear Dr. Henry, You are greatly appreciated. Since the resistance test shows that truvada would fall in the resistance category, are you saying that we should still use it in his regimen? Also, he is resistant to etravirine. We are waiting for the results for the dolutegravir test since that category of drugs were not on the resistant test that was done. The only regimen the dr. feels that is available to him at this time would be the dolutegravir, with a boosted protease inhibitor, and the selzentry. I am still concerned about the interactions with the thorazine, but I realize we are in a desperate situation at this time. Please advise if you think this would be an acceptable regimen, of course depending on the results of the integrase inhibitor test. Thank you for helping so many people!!

I think that if maraviroc is active that the r/darunavir + dolutegravir + maraviroc should work--the Truvada is optional (often included but recent ACTG study suggested that it often can be omitted from regiment---clinical experience doing that is limited outside of study).I would dose the thorazine with help from pharmacist. KH

Body Burning
purple spots