|Taking medicine in a different timezone
Jun 19, 2013
Hello. I have just started taking 3TC+TDF+EFV for 2 weeks. My CD4 last months was 360 and VL 200,000. In a few months, I have a plan to travel aboard which is 5 hours behind of my present time zone. I currently take medicine at 22h00 in my time zone. What should I do?
| Response from Dr. Henry
An occasional adjustment due to travel of dosing for an efavirenz based regimen usually can be done with little worry in the setting of good adherence. I would simply delay the dose by 5 hours once arrived at your destination and then take at the standard time for you. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Getting Fingered Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Feet After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Touching A Bloody Scab Worried I Have HIV
- How Do I Get Rid Of Genital Warts In The Mouth?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.