Jun 15, 2013
sir, I AM MALE 47, INDIA, 7/2009 POSITIVE, WHETHER I HAVE TO START TREATMENT, IF WITH WHAT MEDICINE.HERE NO EXPERIENCED DOCTORS, IF U HAVE ANY FRIENDS IN HYDERBAD, PL INFORM. THANQ
| Response from Dr. Henry
If your CD4 count is 640 then generally no clinical urgency to start treatment though getting checked for tuberculosis and other conditions is advised. Starting meds at a high CD4 count may afford some health benefits to you (still being assessed in studies) and greatly decreases the chance that you will transmit HIV to others. General efavirenz + emtricitabine+ tenofovir is often good choice for starting treatment if available. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Tingling In Feet Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Ache In Testicles After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Protected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Blood Splash Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.