Libido

My partner and me just found that we are HIV+ with CD4 around 400 and want to start a medicine regime with Truvada and Kaletra in close future. From 2 years ago (I think from starting of HIV Infection) my libido decreased and now I can not have sex every day because I can not even erect! My partner has no problem with his libido. My question is if libido problem is with being HIV+ and not starting the medicine or the reason is some thing different?

Libido (lack of sexual desire) and impotence (difficulty with erection) are common in the general population and may be even more common in HIV+ men. Stress (concern about health and transmission issues add to that for many), depression, other medical conditions (ie diabetes, hyperetension), many medication, low hormone levels (such as testosterone deficiency that may be more common in HIV+ men) and other factors contribute to sexual problems. A thorough assessment (incuding mental health) is recommended. The effect of starting effective HIV medications is unpredictable but generally is not the major factor in addressing or resolving those problems. KH

RE: Selzentry with thorazine (May 23,2013)
Tooth problems and Parotid gland Issues