Becoming an RN if you have HIV?

I'm asking this question on behalf of a friend.

He's been in college for years, working toward his RN. Recently, he found out he is HIV+ and, aside from being devastated at that diagnosis, he's also worried that all this work is for nothing and that he'll not be able to practice as an RN -- instead, relegated to low-end, low-paying healtcare positions.

While I realize this may be a state-by-state issue (we're talking New England, in this case), I wonder if you can elaborate here.

My hunch is that he'll be fine, provided his health is up to par (which it is), as the medical profession practices universal safety -- so to me, it sounds like a no-brainer.

Thank you!

Should be no major problems. I have had the pleasure to care for many health care workers in training. In MN when license application for health application is filed health questions include HIV status. For HIV + persons thers is a review board that examines the scope of practice for that particular health care job. For 99% of cases no issues. In the rare instance where there might be a concern (ie involved with surgery in deep pelvis or abdmomen with high risk for sharp injury) then more details might be requested. KH

FISH OIL
can synthetic marijuana help me as much as the real deal?