Selzentry with Thorazine

My son is very sensitive to all of the HIV meds and antipsychotic meds. Thorazine is the only one that agrees with him. He is now taking complera for the past 4 months with a vl of 468, cd4 600. He has been undetectable for years on PI's with truvada, but the side effects were horrible, mentally and physically. The complera is much milder, no diarrhea, not psychotic episodes, but since the viral load was checked two months earlier, it was 300, and has now gone up. Our dr. is waiting for the results of the trofile test on Selzentry. Since I can't change the thorazine, I am very worried about this combination. I respect your very wise opinion and am in desperate need of some advice since I make all the decisions for his care. Would you please let me know if you think selzentry is a safe drug? Thanks so much.

There is a potential drug interaction between maravirox and chlopromazine that could increase levels of chlorpromazine resulting in more side effects (such as low blood pressure and cardiac arrhythmias). Reliability of Trofile assay at low viral levels (ie < 500-1000 copies/ml) uncertain. May consider use of integrase inhibitor such as raltegravir depending on whether any drug resistance likely present. KH

BITTER GROUD JUICE
Managing side effects of Viraday