Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Odd question: Anal pores clogged?
May 15, 2013

I havent found anything on the internet about this, and my doctor was even stumped. But I've developed what appears to be clogged pores around my anus. My doctor assured me its nothing venereal, and I thought they were warts, but I have SEVERAL of these "white filled", and disgusting.. "whiteheads" that have formed around my anus and under my scrotum. At one point I was able to squeeze something that appeared a "white/pink" kind of dry secretion out, but theres so many. I know I've gained a few pounds since I changed meds, but .. would weight gain cause this? And how do I get rid of them? This has stumped everyone! PLEASE help!

Response from Dr. Henry

Bumps that look like white clogged pores in the genital/anal areas can be due to a variety of conditions with Fordyce's spots (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fordyce%27s_spots) being one common cause that is not an infection and found in many healthy persons. I am not aware of a link to any specific HIV regimen. Tretment for HIV sometimes seems to increase activity of sebaceous glands that produce oils to keep skin lubricated. If stumped I often refer to a dermatologist for their opinion about a skin condition. KH

Previous
Loss of weight
Next
Bilateral ptosis

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.