CONVULSIONS???

doc, just from 25th april, last month i started a new regimen which includes ddI, d4T and nefravil, after getting resistance to epivir which i was taking together with crix and retrovir for the past two years. now with this new combination, some strange thing happened two nites ago, i was told by my friend who stayed together with me in my apartment, that i started making screams and shaking whole body, then some white stuff was coming out of my mouth, and then later i stood up and he forced me to sit down, and this took almost 20minutes, then i was taken to the hospital, but by then at least i was back to my senses, though i cannot recall any single thing as to what was happening to me. is this the side effect of the drugs i have just started? if so, for how long should i expect this to happen? if i change drugs just so soon, will it be good idea? am really scared especially when such a thing happens again when am alone, i was just lucky that nite having a friend in my room, i normally stay alone, what should i do?

please help.

Response from Dr. Bartlett

Your symptoms do sound like they could be due to a seizure. HIV medications generally do not cause seizures, so I would be very reluctant to attribute them to the meds. It is very important that you have an evaluation for the new onset of a seizure disorder. This evaluation could include a CT or MR scan of the brain, an EEG, and a lumbar puncture. Please be sure that your health care provider is fully informed about what has happened.

Antibody Develoment effected by other diseases?
Regarding masturbation/semen amount