Sudden rash - abacavir allergy?

My doctor has recently switched out the Truvada from my regiment(Truvada and Isentress)due to issues with my kidneys and has replaced it with Epzicom. I have had my HLA-B5071 test for HSA and it was negative. However, it is now week 11 and I have suddenly developed a macular rash on my chest and back with mild itch. I have no other symptoms, but the rash doesn't respond to antihistamines. Could this still be an allergic reaction to the abacavir?

The rash could well be a drug reaction though is unlikely to be abacavir hypersensitivity with a negative HLV-B5701 test and the limited extent of the rash (concern would increase greatly with more extensive rash, fever, mouth, eye, lung involvement). Rashes can be difficult to determine the cause in many instances-I recommend keeping your HIV provider aware of the rash and any further changes. KH

Truvada/Kaletra and gynecomastia or fat?
Anti-arythmic drugs and HIV drugs