take PEP two months
May 8, 2013
Hello¡A I took combivir already two months.(pep two times) Will combivir cause any long-term side effect? BTW will combivir produce hiv virus in my body to make me infected?
Thank you for your help!
Response from Dr. Henry
2 months of Combivir in the setting of post exposure prophyyaxis would rarely cause any long term health problems. Combivir prevent HIV from multiplying and does not cause virus to grow. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Pee After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Drinking Water Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts Just From Touching?
- Does Doxycycline Treat Stds?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.