alternative medicine

I was just diagnosed as HIV positive this week. I am an average well educated 52 year old heterosexual woman, who is five years divorced after 30 years of marriage. I have only had 4 sex partners and no history of drug use. I am still trying to digest this and figure out what to do. I still have thoughts that maybe the test was flawed in some way and this will all go away. I am reading that there is apparently little hope of that, so I am turning my thoughts to helping myself in the best possible way. What is your opinion on taking the Chinese herb Astragalus to boost my immune system. I just went out and purchased vitamins A, C, B complete, zinc, calcium and D. I just feel like I need to take control of it in some way. I am spinning out of control. I have notified my most recent partner, and he tested negative, thank God. I contacted my first partner after my divorce and he is getting a test tomorrow. I couldn't get a doctor appointment until June, and I need advice. I don't know who gave this to me, but stupidly, I did not use a condom. Thanks.

There is no strong evidence that chinese herbs or megavitamins significantly influence the outcomes of HIV infection. Current HIV treatment is good and getting better-I would try to insist to be seen before June to see where you are at and hear about your treatment options-that is the best way to qet your questions answered and be able to feel like you have control over what is happening. KH

Atripla and the lap band
HAIR FALL OUT