Atripla and the lap band

What can I do to continue on Atripla and get it through the lap band? I take it at night on an empty stomach, but feel it, taste it and have very angry heart burn with the pill not going through. It hurts and keeps me from sleeping. Suggestions please.....

Very good question-we are seeing problems with lap bands, gastric bypass surguries regarding drug tolerablities and formulations that often have to be approached on an individual basis. For example switching to liquid/power forms of the tenofovir and emtricitabine and individual sometimes smaller pills x 2 for the efavirenz may need to be tried with monitoring HIV suppression and /or efavirenz levels if plan is to try and make your current regimen work (can try other regimens if that is a considerations) with liquid formulations or no requirement for an empty stomach when dosing. KH

Bad taste in mouth
alternative medicine