lymphoma

My son was hospitalized back in January because they needed to drain fluid from around his lung. He had a pleural effusion. And he started to have bloody diaherra and he also had HIV they gave him a blood transfusion and took him to ICU because he was bleeding a lot. so they said that he might have lymphoma but they did a biopsy of his liver, skin, lymph nodes, and his lung. but they were are all neg. When they did the biopsy from his lung they did a procedure called pleuraldisis to see if it helped his pleural effusions but he unfortunately passed away. I just don't understand what happened. Oh and I forgot to mention he also had KS. They never confirmed any type of lymphoma.

Incredibly sorry to hear about your son's death. Widespread KS in setting of HIV/AIDS often can be very difficult to treat-we have had one death at out medical center from similar situation in the last year. Early in the AIDS epidemidic that problem was more common but still occurs. KS in tissues like lungs and gut can cause bleeding that is vry difficult to stop. Again-very sad to hear about what happened to your son. KH

Is Odimune safe during pregnancy?
weak but desiring