Is Odimune safe during pregnancy?

Hello Doctor

I am a pregnant woman and HIV positive. I have just received my first batch of Odimune tablets and want to know whether it is safe. The enclosed leaflet warns that Odimune is not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women. I don't know what to do.

Kind regards

Odimune (Atripla in US)is generally not recommended in pregnancy (particularly first trimester) due to concerns about fetal malformations from efavirenz.. There is a signal for fetal problems in some studies but other studies looking at pregnancy outcomes for women on Atripla have not observed a major problem. When there are good alternatives most often an different more pregnancy safe regimen is often preferred. Nonetheless it seems like more experts/patients are becoming more comfortable using Atripla in pregnancy. Bottom line-jury is still out-see following link

as a recent reference from WHO on safety of efavirenz in pregmancy

low WBC and Neutrophils