Hypoglycemia after switching to Complera

I recently switched from a 3 pill regemine to Complera about 5 months ago. I have been positive for 8+ years and used Metformin even before becoming positive. No problems with it and original regemine. Now, however I have been having episodes of very low sugar levels (43) with symptoms that match. All kinds of blood work was done looking for liver or pancreas issues.. All normal. Could the Complera change my blood sugar levels? doc took me off Metformin and so far finger stick levels have been normal. Or drug interaction?

Very interesting issue. The sequence of events that you outline certainly seems to point to increased activity of the metformin with resulting low blood sugars as a plausible scenario. The rilpivirine in Complera could decrease the renal secretion of metformin leading to higher metformin levels and decreased blood sugars as a result. KH

HIV+ Risks of Multiple Myeloma
Blasto Hominis infection