|HIV+ Risks of Multiple Myeloma
Apr 3, 2013
My father was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma and I am HIV+ for the past 16 years. Will this affect me in any way down the line? Is Multiple Myeloma hereditary and something I have to worry about with my HIV condition?
| Response from Dr. Henry
There has been no defined hereditary link/causation for multiple myeloma to my knowledge though some studies have reported a modest increase in risk for first degree relatives. Similarly, there has been a modest linke between multiple myeloma and HIV infection perhaps since the latter is associated with B cell sbnormalities though the risk is appears modest from my understanding and review of the recent literature. If any reader is aware of a recent published reference please post. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Mouth After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.