Constant rash from atripla 9efavirenz/tenofovir/FTC)

Can anyone advice me how to remedy this constant rash i am experiencing since i was put on above regimen 6 months ago.The ointments recommended by my Physician does eradicate the rash.

Rashes in the setting of starting HIV medications can have a wide range of causes including flare-ups of seborrhea, folliculitis, ezcema, fungal infections, manifestations of immune reconstitution syndrome, and/or side effects of one of the medication one is taking (HIV meds or otherwise). The efavirenz in your regimen can cause rashes commonly but usually would diminish over first severel months after starting. A correct diagnosis for the rash is crucial since the treatments for the above conditions (and others) vary widely so strongly recommend that your HIV Provider assess the rash. When I am puzzled by a rash in one of my patients I have a colleague look at it or seek a referral from a skin specialist (dermatologist) for assistance. KH

Xanex and PEP
HIV+ Risks of Multiple Myeloma