MTCT

Dear Doc,

I have been positive forever 12 yrs been on meds for about 8 yrs,my vl undetectable for 8 yrs my cd 4 above 800 in the same period.I have just delivered a baby girl,who is getting treatment for the next six weeks,what are the chances that she can can be positive.She is on Zidovudine 50 ml .No breast feeding,Is there any other thing I can do to reduce transmission ,also what are the possibilities of her being positive.She was delivered via cessation section?

If you had undetectable HIV levels near the time of delivery and your precious newborn in taking the standard zivodudine treatment for 6 months, with no breast feeding, the chances for your child to be HIV usually us under 1% = in all likelihood the baby will be HIV negative! KH

Moving The Meds Schedule Temporarily
Complera & Levsin SL Safe To Take Together?