Moving The Meds Schedule Temporarily

Hi, doctor.

I am on Combivir and Sustiva. I take Combivir every 9AM and 9PM, and Sustiva every 9PM. What I do in the evening is that I finish my dinner before 7PM so that by 9PM when I am scheduled for Sustiva, my stomach is already empty and I won't be suffering from too much dizziness and nausea (I felt this before when I had my dinner around 8PM and it was terrible). I haven't missed a dose since I started treatment on mid-December 2013 and have always taken them on time. Perhaps the longest delay from the exact minute of the schedule I am supposed to take my meds is just around 15 minutes.

This week, I will be traveling to another country where the timezone is 1 hour behind where I live. That means in that country, I will have to take my Sustiva at 8PM. If I will follow my current dinner schedule to minimize side effects, that means I have to finish dinner by 6PM. I don't think I can persuade my colleagues to have such an early dinner (that's too early for us) and I don't want them to suspect that I am sick of something.

With this, I am wondering, can I move my schedules 1 hour later (9AM and 9PM local time of the country I am visiting, which is 10AM and 10PM of my country's local time), and then when I get back home, move my schedule back by 1 hour? Will it not mess up my treatment or make my viruses develop even a tiny bit of resistance?

Shifting the timing of your dosing as you describe should not be a problem. KH

Morning depression with Atripla?
MTCT