AIDS with CD4 of 7

Hi i was diagnosed with AIDS and Kaposis Sarcoma in August 2012 with a CD4 of 7. Since then my CD4 has gone up to 58 in February this year with HAART treatment (Isentress/Truvada) for 6 months.

My KS was also controlled through chemotheraphy though it has not totally disappeared.

Interestingly I feel generally well except for occasional mild fever once in 3 months due to the inflammation. I wasnt hospitalised except once before the diagnosis of AIDS as my fever was high at almost 40 degree celsius.

I wanna ask you what are the chances I can survive long with such a condition (AIDS) with regular HIV HAART medication. My CD4 count doesnt seem to be moving much (7 to 58 in 6 months) except my viral load which is now undetectable after 6 months.

Long term prognosis is variable in situations like yours. Some patients respond well to antiretroviral therapy and KS targeted treatment and can do well-survive-long term (> decades). I have cared for some patients who had diffuse KS in the mid 1990's and continue to do well as of 2013. Other patients don't do well with diffuse KS. Sounds like you are off to a decent startwith the response to treatment you describe. Nuanced details about your clinical situation are important to be able to give a more informed opinion about your prognosis-your HIV provider is the best person to have that discussion with. KH

Always tired and look sick
Abnormal sweating since 3 years