Stopped PEP, Now im fat.
Mar 21, 2013
I got on pep around 4 and a half months ago. I gained a lot of fat on my chest and waist. I am HIV negative. Now that im done with the hiv meds is there some way besides a lot of exercise and calorie restriction that I can lose the fat?
Response from Dr. Henry
You dont mention which PEP regimen you were taking. It is rare for patients to gain significant weight and retain the weight from a 4 week course of PEP. There is no proven safe and effective way to lose fat long term in that setting other than focusing on food intake and exercise. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can A Blood Test For Anemia Detect Hiv?
- How Long Until A Cure For Hiv?
- Will The Doctor Call You If Your Hiv Test Results Are Positive?
- If You Have Hiv Will A Common Cold Make You Even More Sick?
- Can You Get Hiv From Kissing An Hiv Positive Person?
- What Are The Best Exercises For Peripheral Neuropathy?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.