Stopped PEP, Now im fat.
Mar 21, 2013
I got on pep around 4 and a half months ago. I gained a lot of fat on my chest and waist. I am HIV negative. Now that im done with the hiv meds is there some way besides a lot of exercise and calorie restriction that I can lose the fat?
Response from Dr. Henry
You dont mention which PEP regimen you were taking. It is rare for patients to gain significant weight and retain the weight from a 4 week course of PEP. There is no proven safe and effective way to lose fat long term in that setting other than focusing on food intake and exercise. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Women's Hiv Positive Online Support Groups
- Can You Contact Hep C From Swallowing Blood?
- Do Hiv Symptoms Include Lymph Nodes Headache Stiff Neck?
- Risks Of Smoking Pot With An Hiv-positive Person
- If You Catch Hiv In Its Early Stages Can It Be Cured?
- How Much Blood Must Be Transmitted In Order To Get Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.