Parotid Gland Swelling

Hello. I have read your articles on Parotid Gland swelling related to HIV and low dose radiation. I too have this issue. I have ben HIV+ for 23 years. About 4 years ago my glands swelled. I have seen several doctors. ALl of which basically told me to get over it... this wasn't a life threatening issue. I live in Atlanta. I was wondering if you could refer me to someone local that might be willing to treat me with low dose radiation. Or offer some other options. Thanks, JC

I would ask one of the local AIDS service organizations for possible referral options. It is reasonable to request referral to an ENT specialist for starters-often a CT scan will identify the process involved (often polycystic disease) but sometimes a biopsy needs to done. Once a diagnosis has been made then consideration can be given for referral to radiation therapist if the condition may respond to that treatment. Unfortunately, in some US states insurance coverage is not good limiting treatment options-I dont know if that is an issue for you. KH

Lipodystrophy/Lipoatrophy from Combivir/Sustiva
Neck sore on PEP