PCP

My son was diagnosed as HIV positive a few weeks ago. However, in Oct. 2012 he developed pnuemonia and it has just now been diganosed as PCP. He has lost about 60 lbs since October and is very ill. He was checked for his oxygen level which was 95 2 days ago. His doctor said that if it was under 90, she would put him in the hospital. I am scared to death that he is sicker now then when his Dr. saw him. I feel he belongs in the hospital now and not wait until his condition becomes acute, I was told he was in critical condition. No one seems to have the sense of urgency I feel his condition warrents. Am I worry unnecessarily? I see my son as extremely sick, what are the danger signs? Thank you

I would check to make sure your son is seeing an experienced HIV Provider who should be able to assess the situation and prioritize what needs to done as well as explain the situation and overall prognosis. KH

side affect of viraday
Lipodystrophy/Lipoatrophy from Combivir/Sustiva