Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

PCP
Mar 17, 2013

My son was diagnosed as HIV positive a few weeks ago. However, in Oct. 2012 he developed pnuemonia and it has just now been diganosed as PCP. He has lost about 60 lbs since October and is very ill. He was checked for his oxygen level which was 95 2 days ago. His doctor said that if it was under 90, she would put him in the hospital. I am scared to death that he is sicker now then when his Dr. saw him. I feel he belongs in the hospital now and not wait until his condition becomes acute, I was told he was in critical condition. No one seems to have the sense of urgency I feel his condition warrents. Am I worry unnecessarily? I see my son as extremely sick, what are the danger signs? Thank you

Response from Dr. Henry

I would check to make sure your son is seeing an experienced HIV Provider who should be able to assess the situation and prioritize what needs to done as well as explain the situation and overall prognosis. KH

Previous
side affect of viraday
Next
Lipodystrophy/Lipoatrophy from Combivir/Sustiva

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.