No obvious side effects

I switched from Atripla to Stribild a few months ago and have since not experienced any obvious side effects from the medication. With the Atripla I experienced diarrhea and a groggy/hung over feeling in the mornings. Are there less obvious side effects I should be worried about or have my primary care physician look for? More than anything I'm concerned that the medication may not be as effective as the Atripla. Perhaps I'm just being paranoid - but after dealing with the diarrhea, crazy dreams, and grogginess from the Atripla not experiencing any of these from the Stribild is rather unsettling.

Two of the drugs in Stribild are the same as in Atripla (tenofovir and emtricitabine). We are still learning about long term side effects from the cobicistat/elvitegravir (instead of efavirenz) with data from studies now out 2+ years. There has not yet been a signal for any delayed worrisome side effects but data remains limited and only recently have larger numbers of patients been prescribed Stribild. It can take a while for an unusual delayed side effect to be appreciated. So far data is reassuring. KH

viraday
Atripla PEP