taking PEP, really stressed

I had two insertive anal sex sessions with a ladyboy in Pattaya. I did some research and it appears the likelihood she was +ve is high (not knowing her directly, just based on internet figures). Assuming that she is 75% positive, and a transmission rate of 0.11% and a PEP failure rate of 20%, there is a chance of 1 in 3000 that I will have HIV after finishing PEP. I know this is a small number but thinking of having this probability is killing me. How to you interpret this number?

Thanks

Those sort of estimates are based on a fair amount of guess work based on data from studies that may not apply directly to individual cases. Prompt post exposure prophylaxis seems very reasonable in a situation as you describe to decrease the risk for HIV transission to low but not zero. KH

Long Term Effect Combivir/Sustiva
hiv effect on occupation / atripla to complera