Considering lapband, but scared of changing meds do to affordability

My ID doc has approved the lapband for me, but no one nor websites have clearly stated if one cannot take Atripula having the lapband. Hiv meds are entirely expensive. I was blessed to not have to pay for my meds due to my insurance policy. All in all Im scared to even submit to this surgery ifs new meds have to be seeked out. I really would ask the doc, but from the first group visit. I was told that I wont see him until day before surgery. Till then I spend money on tests and sleep studies?? HELP

We have had numerous patients undergo gastric bypass or lap band surgery to address weight/health threatening issues. Some patients may have a difficult time passing the Atripla tablet past the lap band-that is variable but in many cases has not been a significant problem. When there has been a problem we have had to work with pharmacist to find a suitable pill formulation/approach that works for each patient. KH

Microbicides and HIV positive couples
Reg.ART