Microbicides and HIV positive couples
Mar 3, 2013
I am currently in a relationship with a guy who is also hiv positive, he is not on medication yet but I am. I wanted to know would microbicides work with couples who are both positive if we dont use a condom? I read that they were developing a tenofovir microbicide, but how would that interact with my arvs (I currently using atripla)?
Could we use any other microbicide without an arv in it?
Thanks for you help.
Response from Dr. Henry
There are no effective HIV microbicides on the market or soon to be on the market. In the US, Truvada has been approved by the FDA for pre-exposure prophylaxis so that is something to consider for your partner. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bronchitis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Chest Cold After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Spots After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Tongue After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.