cd4 and t cell improve with medecine

i am 67 hetero diagnose with with hiv the 19 02 2013 my cd4 are 216 an t 15 i was in perfect healt a month before i started caughing i went for a test and the doctor told me i had hiv i started medecine right away i am on zido 300 lamivudine and stocrin 600 effavirenz how long normaly before my cd4 and t cell should get higher i never smoke i dont drink and i exercise i try to eat healty food.thank you

Starting effective HIV medication has a number of expected outcomes. First, the HIV level (viral load) plummets (decreases) quickly. Hopefully, the level will become very low (often termed undetectable by standard blood tests). That is important since low HIV levels provide both clinical protection against AIDS complications and make it unlikely that drug resistance will develop (thus causing the drugs to fail). CD4 recovery is usually seen but the course is highly variable and depends on a range of factors (age of patients, how low CD4 count went, how much scarring there is in the lymph tissue, amount of immune activation, size of thymus gland, genetics and other factors). Most patients will see a steady increase in CD4 count though the CD4 count increase reaches lower levels, in general, the lower the CD4 count went before treatment (CD4 nadir count). Perhaps 15-25% of patient have delayed, slow CD4 recovery while most see a steady increase in CD4 counts after starting treatment. I hope you see a nice increase that provides further reassurance that you are doing well with treatment. KH

HIV+ and diagnosed with strep throat
what are the odds of getting hiv twice