left eye vision irregularity, left side of face also numb, and increasing consistent pain in left heel

I started medication about five and half months ago (truvada + isentress) and complained pretty immediately of vision problems in my left that come on suddenly and have not abated. When I started the medication my viral numbers were about 5,000 and my cd4 count was about 800 cells/mL. I eventually developed intense pain in my achilles tendon and heel a few weeks later, which is also where I had my left ankle reconstructed. A small time after that more pain developed in my hips and lower back that makes it almost unbearable to have sex with my girlfriend, to garden, to sit on the toilet, to clean, to bend over for long periods of time, or squat in the same position for prolonged periods of time. I have consistent fatigue since before starting medication as well. Now the left side of my face from the general position of my cheek bone and left eye are becoming less sensitive then the right side by noticable amount. The same amount of pressure on each side does not yield the same sensation. But I am extremely dubious of this facial numbness having anything to do with side effects from either of the medicines I started recently. However, at 26, I feel anxious about having this set of symptoms/effects. I was diagnosed in July of 2008 a year and a half after serious recovery from a head-on high-speed motor vehicle collision (the summation of impact speeds was about 150mph).

That distribution of symptoms would be very usual to be due directly to your HIV regimen. Nonetheless, given your history and the value of protecting vision a thorough clinical evaluation is recommended. KH

Atripla and T H C
changing Atripla to eviplera