|Atripla and T H C
Feb 27, 2013
Ive been on Atripla for about 1yr 6months, I read an article that it can cause a drug test to test positive for THC, is it the same as smoking pot, or is there a different level that would show up in the test ?
| Response from Dr. Henry
The efavirenz in Atripla has been reported to case false positive tests for marijuana for some but not all (there is a test that can distinguish between the two) of the standard drug testing lab test procedures. Efavirenz can also cause a false positive for the benzodiazepine class of drugs. I have written letter for patients explaining the situation when the issue has come up. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Bumps On Penis Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Risk Of Sex With A Prostitute
- Hairy Tongue After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Open Mouth Kissing What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.