anal draining of urine

I have a niece who is HIV positive and taking ART. He is a male gu aged 37 yrs and he is gradually getting waisted despite good intake of treatment.He is draining urine through the anus and for a period of almost two moths doctors just tell him that what he is reporting is impossible and insist that it is diarrhoea. I had refered him to the urologist who confirmed that there is an opening which drains his urine in the anus. I suspect a fistula but is this common in males since we link this with child birth?

Not a common general problem from HIV standpoint but fistula sounds likely and is seen in general population as well but not as common in men. Would wonder if there was a an anal fistula that tracted to urinary tract. Fistulas are a real challenge so getting expert consultation highly recommended. KH

HIV/AIDS US Citizen
memory loss