Psoriasis and Late Stage HIV diag

In 2010 I was dx with late stage HIV no prior knowledge or HIV period. Prior to this dx I was doing UV-B light and also an oral treatment for Plack Psoriasis. Can Psoriasis act as an early warning sign of HIV? My tcell count hit 13, in June 2010. I had lung infect CMV of the lung and once treated /blood and platelettes infusion and heavy dose of Benadrill, my psoriasis went away, but has returned aggressively over the past 2 years. It is getting worse an no one can tell me what to do. I'm worried that something else is going on in my body due to hiv that we don't know as of yet. What do you think?

The course of psoriasis can be variably impacted by HIV Infection though for some can lead to flare-ups. In countries with access to newer HIV medications and in the absence of any drug resistance usually an HIV regimen can be found that works well with meds used for psoriasis. The HIV doctor and dermatologist have to work together to optimize what they can offer patients but situation even in best of circumstances can be very frustrating for all. KH

Why do I fall ill so often after starting treatment?
Internal tremors - twitching