numbness and needle pricks, swelling of legs

I am on Trimune 30, started treatment when my CD4 count was 204 in June 2012. I was checked in January 2013 and my CD4 had gone up to 303, my viral load was below 40 and the Dr said that was good. My worry is that I am having problems with numbness on my feet, the problem started with the right foot now its both. I also feel tingling/needle pricks. Under my right foot i feel like there is something there and when am standing I feel it Initially when I was in bed I would think there was something in my bedding only to find there is nothing. Recently my legs are swelling from the ankles going down. The doctor said there is nothing with my blood circulation, does this mean my nerves are dead?. When I looked at the script in the Trimune packet, it said Trimune 30 was for people under 70kg weight, am 95kgs but my doctor says the weight cant be an issue. Unfortunately there is no Trimune 40 anymore. The doctor is suggesting changing my drugbut am worried as I reacted to Tribus which I was given first time.

The stavudine in the Trimune can cause a peripheral neuropathy most often manifested by pins and needle, numbness, or pain in toes and feet first. It is most often bilateral. Your symptoms could be due the stavudine but involvement of only one foot and then swelling of both feet would be somewhat unusual so I would recommend an assessment for other factors such as kidney, heart, liver, or lymph node/drainage problems in the legs or pelvis. If it looks like the stavudine is a likely cause the switching to an alternative regimen if available.. KH

Tribusside
Right arm weakness