Pain in leg

I have been positive since 1994 but have taken Atripla simce 2007. I recently had a UTI and was prescribed Cipro. Two days on the Cipro I began to experience pain in my muscles in my right calf. I stayed on the Cipro for 6 days of the 10 day regimen experiencing muscle pain each day. Since going off Cipro, I have experienced peripheral neuropathy constantly in my left leg with pain radiating from my buttocks to my calf with burning and tingling on the sole of my left foot. Since the pain is constant (every day), is it related to my HIV (undetectable viral load and CD4 of 855)? My job requires me to sit which is hard to do. My muscles in my left leg (especially calf) are so tight it hurts to bend my leg. What can I do to stop the pain?

Ciprofloxcin can sometimes cause tendonitis and less often some muscle problems. The discomfort in right leg and then left leg would rarely be due to the Atripla or HIV infection given the scenario you described. I recommend getting having a full clinical examination including neurological assessment to try to pin down whether a nerve, muscle, or tendon problem seem more likely and what management options area available to you. KH

Peripheral Neropathy
cold symptoms after starting treatment