Switching First Line meds

I've been on ARVs for 10 years now. I started with combivir and tenofovir which worked well for me then for the past 2 years I've been on tenolam and AZT because of unavailability of combivir. I understand this is teh same combo. However in these past 2 years I have developed stiff prominent calves and my arms and legs seem to have lost fat and my body looks ugly. Why these effects after the change if its the same combo and is there another first line combo I can switch to which will have less effect on my body fat distribution. Also which is rated the best and most successful fist line combo in use at the moment.

Tenofovir and AZT used together is not a common or recommended practice in the US so I have little experience with this particular situation. AZT can result in fat loss as can aging and advanced HIV disease so many details are needed to comment in an informed manner. If there is fat loss then usually would want to switch off the potentially offending agent (such as AZT) if there are other good alternatives available (usually recommend using three active HIV drugs at once and not just two). KH

Advice on meds change
Complera and Extenze/Viagra