Stalanev-side effects

I recently tested positive for HIV and was prescribed STALANEV. I am now in my fifth month on the drug and something funny is coming up. My feet are getting numb and irritating. I am also loosing appetite for food though I am not vommiting. What I want to know is, will this come to pass or I have to change the drug, if so to which one?

Stalanev, a generic formulation of stavudine (D4T), lamivudine, and nevirapine, can cause peripheral neuropathy with symptoms beginning in feet/toes. Those symptoms can also be caused by HIV infection and other conditions (such as vitamin deficiencies or diabetes) so a full clinical evaluation is recommended. If the stavudine appears to be a likely factor then discussion of use of an alternative medication is warranted if there are other options availabe where you live (ie abacavir or tenofovir or even zidovudine instead of the stavudine). KH

Testosterone therapy
Eplivera and Leg pains