|loss of foot pad/fat & cartlidge = pain!
Feb 3, 2013
I have lost the heel pad fat in my right foot and have developed a "small" heel spur. Now, I have lost the connective cartiledge between my cuboid and metatarsal bones. I am in extreme pain, but "only" when walking. Are there any non-surgical alternatives. I have been on HAART since 1992. T-cells @ 470 and % @ 29.
| Response from Dr. Henry
That specific problem has not been a common one reported in the setting of long term treatment for HIV. Such problems are often a challenge even in the general population. I assume you have seen a podiatrist. Some patients seem to benefit from using curved shoes such as stretchers or MBI shoes that place pressure quite different from standard shoes. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Bumps On Penis Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Loose Stool After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have
- Purple Spots After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Spots After Touching A Bloody Scab Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.