T cell count
Jan 25, 2013
My girlfriend is HIV+ she is in the hospital right now with a staph infection. She told me her T cell count was 167 and told me that's good but she hasn't gotten her viral yet? What does it mean?
Response from Dr. Henry
That is a low CD4 count indicating that she needs to be put on HIV medications and some antibiotics to hopefully regain and protect her health regardless of the HIV count. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Getting HIV Sex With A Prostitute
- Itchy Balls After Licking Genital Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Inverted Condom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.