T cell count
Jan 25, 2013
My girlfriend is HIV+ she is in the hospital right now with a staph infection. She told me her T cell count was 167 and told me that's good but she hasn't gotten her viral yet? What does it mean?
Response from Dr. Henry
That is a low CD4 count indicating that she needs to be put on HIV medications and some antibiotics to hopefully regain and protect her health regardless of the HIV count. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does Hiv Survive Out Of The Body?
- Can My Wife Get Thrush From Sex?
- How Long Do The Glands Stay Swollen During The Acute Stage Of Hiv?
- If I Don't Hear Back From My Doctor About My Hiv Test Results Is It Negative?
- Lancets And Spread Of Hiv
- Herpes Outbreak In Sacrum And Neuropathy
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.