T cell count
Jan 25, 2013
My girlfriend is HIV+ she is in the hospital right now with a staph infection. She told me her T cell count was 167 and told me that's good but she hasn't gotten her viral yet? What does it mean?
Response from Dr. Henry
That is a low CD4 count indicating that she needs to be put on HIV medications and some antibiotics to hopefully regain and protect her health regardless of the HIV count. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Where Does Genital Herpes Enters Body?
- What Is The Difference Between Syphilis And Herpes?
- What Does High Risk Hpv Mean?
- What Are The Chances Of Spreading Herpes With No Symptoms?
- Things That Look Like Herpes But Are Not
- The Risk Of Catching Gonorrhea From A Single Act Of Sexual Intercourse
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.