is it acceptable to have your inf. dis spec take over your pain management if stable

i'm seeing an inf dis spec for the first time in 25+ years after my internal med dr requested it. 3 years ago he requested i see a pain mgt doc for my severe pn. i've been on the same regiment for pain mgt since than, with no probs reg p.m protocol. than its back to the int med doc 2 times a year, with a quarterly visit to the pain mgt, and than see the inf dis doc every quarter. this on top of 900$ oop for my month coctail, is overwhelming me financially. i'm only working to pay all the bills. i'm wondering why can't my inf dis spec take care of everthing at this point. i live in oregon, if that helps. i'd like to remain anonymous as live in a small town and someone might rec my email. thank you for any helpful advice.

You raise numerous good points (high cost of treatment, confidentiality concerns, complex care topics). ID docs often are not well trained or comfortable managing chronic pain and other medical problems and internal medicine doctors often not well trained with HIV care or pain control thus the need for multiple specialist and visits. Wish I could offer practical solution but I am generally frustrated myself with the high cost and at times challenges to care coordination that exist in the US health care system. Pxs doing well from HIV standpoint can often be seen every 6-12 months in our HIV clinic when seeing an internist. KH

Lipodystrophy
Still not undetectable