Atripla and Hepatitis B

Season Greetings Dr. Henry. I have travelled extensively and did my share of not too nice activities. I have now completed my PEP atripla treatment 2 days now. Let's say I have hepatitis B, what symptoms to monitor for a possibly flare up. I did an LFT 2 weeks ago and the number was 61. The doc says nothing to be concerned about. Another question supposing baseline test for HIV pre PEP was false and I took the atripla for a month. What happens to me after stopping the atripla? I have so many questions and very fearful. I never missed any dose of the PEP atripla treatment except for shifting from taking it at 2pm to 6pm.

You can be tested for hepatitis B-if not evidence of infection then no problem expected when stopping Atripla. If your baseline HIV test was false negative (unlikely but that would be reflected by negative antibody test but possibly + direct HIV test) then after the Atripla is taken the HIV levels may rebound/be detected if you were already infected. An unlikely but possible scenario that most persons familiar with NPEP and HIV would monitor for in follow-up. KH

Swift Zidovudina to Tenovofir
Temporary relief of HIV rash