Dec 21, 2012
how long can a hiv+ person live with a 255cd4 count without treatment?
| Response from Dr. Henry
Survival with HIV infection in absence of treatment and CD4 count of 255 is widely variable and from HIV standpoint can range for < 1 yaer to many, many years depending on many individual factors with most patients still living for years. The better question is how long can a person with HIV infection and a CD4 count of 255 live with treatment. There the answer is very positive--I would expect from HIV standpong a several typically measured in decades and as an added bonus protecting good health and decreasing risk to transmit to other persons. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sinus Infection After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Topping Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.