For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

atripla and stone issues

Hi doc, its day 27 now on the atripla PEP treatment, one more dose. As it relates to the UTI I was complaining about, u said Cipro would not help certain STI but I also was given a dose of Azithromoycin, sorry I forgot to mention. Today I did another Urinalysis and the doc said that no sign of infection but trace of blood in urine and ordered an ultrasound since in addition to frequent urination I now have slight back and groin pain. Do u think the atripla for PEP could have cause stone issues?

Atripla extremely unlikely to be directly linked to new kidney stones in setting og NPEP as you describe. KH

Can I swift Zidovudina to Tenofovir to diminush nausea
cd4 count